Hardware retailer Bunnings have traditionally built their warehouse-style stores on large plots of land in suburban areas. However, in recent years they have begun constructing multi-level stores on smaller land parcels closer to the inner-city, especially in Sydney and Melbourne.
The first multi-level Bunnings store to be built in Queensland was recently completed in Newstead, about 3kms north-east of the Brisbane’s CBD. Touted as a “Bunnings of the future”, the development includes a total floor area of more than 17,000m2 spread out over four levels (for comparisons sake, a typical Bunnings is usually around 8000m2).
Advanced Lighting Technologies supplied a number of exterior fittings as part of this project, including:
• Arcluce Moto3 LED Highbay Light
• Cree Lighting CPY Series LED Canopy Light
• Arcluce Lunio Street LED Street & Area Light
While most big-box retailers opt for strictly functional lighting, the solution installed at Bunnings Newstead was a mix of functional and architectural fittings, including stylish luminaires that generate creative lighting effects.
- Achieve Client’s Requested Light Levels
- Lighting A Variety Of Applications
- Architectural Lighting Effects
- Optimised Design To Maximise Efficiency
- Product Flexibility